About The Christian Lawyer Directory
The CLD Story
“Finding a Christian lawyer used to be difficult.
Not any more!”
When I founded the Jacksonville Christian Lawyer Directory in 2008, I used this tag line to help explain its purpose. The twenty initial member lawyers made themselves publicly known and available to the Christian community looking for lawyers who also professed Jesus as Lord. I felt God leading the expansion to the Christian Lawyer Directory in 2010 because of its dual purposes:
Though we no longer use the initial tagline, the two-fold purpose of the Christian Lawyer Directory remains. I pray you find it useful, as either a client seeking legal help or a lawyer willing to honor God by publicly pledging allegiance to His Son.
Blane McCarthy – Founder and Member Lawyer
Drendel & Jansons Law Group, CLD Community Members
Accountability and Integrity
To help ensure that Christian Lawyer Directory member lawyers are genuine in their Christian faith, competent in their legal skills, and accountable for how they conduct business, we require that our members certify to complying with the following Membership Criteria:
Statement of Faith
By declaring myself to be a Christian lawyer, I am confessing Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and am acknowledging my firm and active belief in the following truths:
God: There is only one true God. (Deuteronomy 4:39)
God the Father: God is the creator and sustainer of all life. He has always been and will always be. (Genesis 1:1; 2:7)
Jesus, God the Son: Jesus, the promised Messiah, was fully man while remaining fully divine. Through Him, man is reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:19, 21; Colossians 2:9; and 1 Timothy 2:5-6)
The Holy Spirit: God’s Holy Spirit is active in the world. He lives in all believers and works to help them live productive and God-honoring lives. (John 16:7-8, 13 and Ephesians 1:13-14)
Bible: The Bible is God’s Word – written by men, inspired by God’s Holy Spirit, for the benefit of all humanity. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Salvation: Man is sinful by nature and can earn nothing but death. Through faith in Jesus Christ alone, God gives man an eternity with Him. (John 3:16; 14:6 and Ephesians 2:8-9)
Code of Conduct
- I will honor my commitments.
- I will conduct my public and private life in a professional and honorable manner.
- I will treat others with courtesy and respect.
- I will pursue peaceful resolutions to legal matters.
- I will keep my clients informed of their legal matters and will promptly return all reasonable calls they place.
- I will keep matters confidential and privileged where requested by clients or required by law.
- I will charge a reasonable rate for my legal services.
- I will properly safeguard all funds or items entrusted to me.
- I will be truthful to all when doing so does not violate a client confidence. If I cannot be honest and maintain a client confidence, I will either remain silent or withdraw from the matter.
- I refuse to compromise my integrity or that of the legal system on account of a client, case, cause or potential compensation.